Directions and Tour Information
In the wintertime, our voicemail line will be updated if we have to cancel tours due to inclement weather. If the forecast for Falcon, Peyton or Calhan is questionable, we suggest you call our voicemail line at 719-347-9200 before you leave for the sanctuary.
We are located at 24615 Scott Road, Calhan, CO 80808.
Directions to the facility
Directions from Pueblo or south of the Springs:
I-25 North to Fountain Blvd/Hwy 24 East to Limon/Martin Luther King Bypass
Go east (away from the mountains) all the way to Powers.
Take a left/north on Powers Blvd.
Turn right/east onto Platte Ave/Hwy 24 East
Directions from the north side of Colorado Springs:
I-25 South to Woodman Road exit
Turn left/east on Woodmen Road (away from the mountains)
Woodmen ends at the stoplight at Hwy 24.
Left/east on Hwy 24.
About 12 miles after the intersection of Woodmen and Hwy 24:
Turn right/south on Ellicott Hwy – no stoplight at this intersection. (Just past mile marker 334 and McClelland Road. If you get to Calhan you went too far)
Take the Ellicott Hwy about 1.75 miles to Scott Road
Left on Scott Road (opposite the windmill)
We're at the bottom of the hill on the right hand side. Come through the main gate and park on the mulch. Please wait outside the sanctuary’s rolling gate until your guide arrives to escort you in.
Basic tour rules and information
1. The tour is $10 per person. Children under 2 years old are free, but please note that strollers are not allowed.
2. Do not enter the main rolling gate into the sanctuary without a guide, even if the gate is open due to project work.
3. Parking is located on the mulch anywhere between the main gate and the rolling gate.
4. Still photography is allowed on the tour.
5. No videography is allowed on the tour.
6. The walking tour is a little over an hour. Dress in comfortable clothes and wear sturdy shoes. Due to the mulch covering the tour route, it is not possible for us to accommodate wheelchairs or walkers at this time.
7. We have a golf cart that can accommodate one person per tour. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time if you would like to reserve it.
We look forward to seeing you on a tour!
Even if you can’t make it out to the facility, YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Click on the link to the left to see all the ways you can help or click here now to make a donation today!